Wednesday, February 29, 2012

APP (Allen Paintball Products) Gloves Review



I have exhausted all my google-fu trying to find a nice set of paintball gloves at a decent price. It wasn't hard to find gloves, but the prices are sky high. I don't need to pay as much for my paintball gloves as my motorcycle gloves thanks. They are not worth what the manufacturers are asking (in my opinion).

As said, I searched and searched and found many great looking gloves. The only problem was the prices. I am NOT paying 35-50 dollars for paintball gloves. That is ridiculous.  

I found I was being too picky. If I don't want a couple fingers, I can cut them off myself. I do prefer no index or middle, but I got over it quickly enough.
I headed over to the new Celanis Paintball website and purchased a set of Allen Paintball Products gloves. The price couldn't be matched by 90% of other paintball gloves (yes, I made that statistic up.. so what), so it was an easy choice.

Here I am after a few days at the field with them. They have performed great. The fit is still perfect and they are holding up wonderfully. The rubber on the knuckles saved me the other day. I had a hard spill, and that rubber knuckle scraped a rock. They are barely nicked, but saved me from a nice gash.

The gloves only come in green/black, so if you like to match all your gear together these may not be for you. They come in multiple sizes though, so there is bound to be one that will fit you. The "PAINT BALL" writing is a little corny, but I'm not too worried about it.

Overall, they are a nice pair of gloves. You could go out and pick up a set of mechanix gloves for around the same price, which I find the fit and feel comparable to. I would much rather support the little guys like Celanis Paintball though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment