Thursday, January 12, 2012

Animal Customs Jersey Review

Introduction:
I haven't had a paintball jersey in at least 4 years. Most of the time you could find me out on the the field with Under Armour or a T-shirt.
I used to wear an Empire React SS jersey consistently, so this review will be based mostly on my experiences with Empire's jersey and the Animal Customs jersey.

Timeline and Ordering Process: 
October 1, 2011: Ordered jersey.
October 7, 2011: Received E-mail with proofs. I had a sizing question, and received a response the same day.
October 25, 2011: Received shipping notice. Jersey is now in the mail.
October 28, 2011: Received jersey.

The larger the sale (more jerseys sold), the better the price per jersey. CLICK HERE to view Animal's "team discount" page. We got a good price on them due to our number.


As you can see by the timeline above, everything was reasonable. For a custom jersey, you have to expect some time to pass. No issues at all with the ordering process.

Shipping:
Was expensive for some reason. That 12.50 I spent to have a featherweight jersey shipped in a small padded envelope deserves its own section in this review. I know shipping prices have gone through the roof and fee is probably covering "handling" as well, but it caught me a bit off guard. You have been warned.

Quality: 
Upon receiving the jersey, I immediately flipped it inside out and examined all the seams. There weren't any threads hanging out or areas that may have come loose with a tug. Very professional. The designs all looked great and there were no mistakes with the lettering/number.
 Just like other jerseys, I don't plan to go crawling through some briars or prickers, but if I happened to in a game, I wouldn't blame any damage on the jersey. All paintball jerseys I have used would hold up it seems, but would probably have a bit of wear after something like that.
Overall, I am impressed.


Now here is where it gets interesting: The other day (Saturday, January 7) I was out at the local field and went to bunker someone:
I came around the bunker, and as per field rules, called "surrender!" I waited a moment to make sure they caught on, then turned and looked away, focusing on someone else. Apparently no ref was around, because they didn't feel like surrendering and proceeded to light me up (le' pumper) with their space dildos (those would be electro's).
I got off the field and took a look at the most painful hit and found that it had blown a hole right through the jersey. Correct me if I am wrong, but a jersey designed and produced FOR PAINTBALL should not have this issue. I can only assume that due to the awesome welt and the hole in a jersey designed for paintball I received that the opposing player(s) were shooting ridiculously hot.

Edit: I understand that a paintball jersey is fabric, just like other clothing. Things happen, it can't be blamed on the quality of the jersey (like stated above) ;]

Comfort:
The jersey is as comfortable as pajamas, maybe more. The fabric feels great and it breathes very well. The material seems like it would hold up great in most situations. Apparently, it will not hold up to a close proximity shot by someone with a crazy/jacked velocity though. Be glad I got to test that instead of you. Keep in mind the ONLY time I have ever heard of this happening was to me the other day. I have never heard of it happening to anyone else (and I read around a lot).

Overall I would definitely purchase the jersey again. The price is good and the quality was on par with others in my experience and the price was great for what I received. Thank you Animal Customs, I will definitely be returning when I need another jersey!


Months later I am still using the same jersey, the small hole never got bigger and the jersey still looks unfaded and great!

No comments:

Post a Comment